Looking for a quiet, serene getaway with a touch of class and history?
Step back in time 400 years
This unique, historic home in the heart of Safed’s Artists’ Quarter has been impeccably renovated and converted into a spacious, peaceful getaway; the perfect blend of history and modernity.
Tiferet – A Harmonious Blend
The Tranquil Courtyard
Two Bedroom Suite
An outdoor staircase leads from the courtyard up to a two-bedroom unit. One bedroom has one single bed plus a double bunk bed with single atop and single pullout below. This room sleeps five guests comfortably. It also has a washer and dryer plus ample cupboards and drawers. The second bedroom in this unit has one double bed and a single bed to sleep a maximum of three people. It also has an ensuite bathroom with toilet. A second sink plus mirror are right outside the bathroom. There is as second bathroom between the two bedrooms rooms with toilet, sink and shower with rain shower head. Each room has its own heating and air conditioning unit.
The Main House
Behind the dining room is an archway with a step down into a room that could serve as an office. There is a wooden desk and chair, a fax machine, a coat rack and cupboard for storage. This room leads to a family room with large screen TV , DVD player, Xbox and Wii. Put on a movie or relax with a book on the couch. At night, add bedding and the sofa bed sleeps two.
There is also a bathroom with toilet, sink and shower with rain shower head. A stone archway leads to a living room graced by a stone dome. Two comfy crimson couches dotted with pillows offer the perfect spot to unwind. Or cozy up with a book in the window seat overlooking a second stone courtyard. For those staying over in the winter, there is a large, wood-burning fireplace with ample wood.
A stone archway leads from the living room through an iron gate and glass door into the second courtyard where a small Hobbit-style cottage hides behind a large orange tree. The courtyard has a stone bench and potted plants.
Duck down; the cottage doorway is low. A small foyer offers a counter with sink, full-size fridge and freezer and small desk. There is a separate bathroom with toilet, sink and shower with rain-shower head. A step up takes you into a bedroom with a king-size bed and ample cupboards. This small bedroom is so tranquil, the silence may be interrupted by the gentle fall of an orange. This courtyard also has its own private entrance from a separate lane way.
Features and Amenities
- Meals: Self-catering home. Catering available on request. Restaurants nearby.
- Location: Artists’ Quarter, Tsfat; a 10-minute walk to the Old City synagogues and shops; a two-hour drive from Ben Gurion international Airport.
- Type of Vacation: Large home ideal for families; perfect for Shabbat and holiday entertaining; centrally located in Tsfat; great location to explore Galil, Golan and Kinneret.
- General: Air conditioning and heating throughout, wireless Internet, on-site printer and monitor that can be connected to your laptop, fresh towels and linens provided, washing machine with laundry soap, clothes dryer, iron and board, shampoo and soaps
- Kitchen: Strictly kosher kitchen includes two ovens (dairy oven and one professional-quality Godin meat oven), one five-burner gas stove top, two sinks, refrigerator and freezer (plus a second full-size fridge in the cottage), blender, microwave, soda maker, cookware (dairy and meat); range of cooking and serving utensils (dairy and meat), dishes, cups and cutlery (dairy and meat), mugs, coffee grinder and moka pot coffee maker, shopping cart, tablecloths, place mats, Shabbat hot plate, hot water urn, bentchers and Shabbat tea lights
- Dining: Large and beautifully appointed dining area seats 16 (when table extended)
- Living room: Two large, cozy couches, window seat with pillows and wood-burning fireplace
- Bedrooms: House sleeps a maximum of 12 people. The two upstairs bedrooms are accessed via the outdoor courtyard. One bedroom has two single beds and a double bunk bed with single on top (sleeps maximum 5); the second bedroom has one double bed and a single bed (sleeps maximum 3), ensuite bathroom with toilet only. Bathroom with shower and sink between two rooms.
- The cottage has two single beds closely joined to make a king-size bed, small kitchenette and bathroom with sink and shower. There is a comfy sofa bed in the library (sleeps 2). Porta-crib available.
- Maximum occupancy: 13 people.
- Entertainment: flat screen TV in library, Xbox with games, Apple TV with a large (and eclectic) movie library and Netflix, videos, board games, books
- Babies: Port-a-Crib and highchair available
- Bathrooms: 3 full bathrooms with shower (including cottage) bathroom, plus 1 bathroom with toilet only
- Outdoors: Shady courtyard with cushioned seating corners and fountain; large, sun-drenched rooftop with shaded seating area and stunning sunset views of the Meiron mountains and the Old City of Safed
- Suitability: Ideal for families or couples; must be respectful of Kashrut , smoking outside only, dogs allowed
- Parking: As our home is located along a small pedestrian lane, parking is a few steps up on the road. There is no reserved parking.
- Shopping: Large grocery store is a five-minute walk away; farmers’ market every Wednesday
- Activities: Exploring the holy city of Tsfat; visiting art galleries and old synagogues; great hiking and mountain biking at your doorstep; self-guided driving tours of the Upper Galilee, Golan and Lake Kinneret, bird watching in Hula Valley, horseback riding nearby, restaurants and wine tasting at local wineries; guide on request. Perfect as a hub for your Bar/Bat Mitzvah trip. Please see our Tsefat walking tour.
Most of the year it’s $450 a night for the first six people. The charge for additional guests over 6 people is $50 per person per night.
Please use this form below to contact Amir for inquires.
T’ henu (Enjoy in Hebrew)
Have your say about Israel Travel Secrets! Leave us a comment in the box below.